May 3, 2012

Winter Green Salad


I know, it's spring.  I just planted my tomatoes, that's what made me think I should share this recipe.  This is the green salad I make any time I can't get tomatoes out of my garden.  The dressing is the same one I use for my Turkey and Craisens Pasta Salad except less garlic salt.  The good thing about this salad is, canned Mandarin oranges and Craisens are always in season.  This tangy sweet dressing makes the flavors of this salad pop!

You can mix the dressing in small a bowl with a whisk, but I like to use either of these mixers for salad dressings.  Then you can store the extra dressing in the mixer in the fridge.


Dressing:
1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
1/4 cup cranberry sauce
1/4 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
fresh ground black pepper
2 mint leaves chopped fine (opt) I grow mint so I try to find recipes to use it in

Salad:
torn greens (enough to feed your family, I usually use iceberg lettuce and baby spinach)
1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
1 carrot, peeled and sliced thin using a slicer,or grated
1 can Mandarin oranges, drained
1/2 cup Craisens
1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish opt.
any thing else you like in your green salad, but not tomatoes

Printer Friendly

ANN

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Customized and Installed by Custom Blog Designs

Back to TOP