Jul 22, 2012

Rolo Brownies

Welcome to the new Simply Sweet Sundays! We have decided to dedicate our favorite day of the week to one of the best things in life, dessert!  Here at Many Many Hats we LOVE our desserts and are excited to have one of them be the main attraction every Sunday.  Today's special is Rolo Brownies!


I used to sell Pampered Chef a few years ago, aside from LOVING their products they also have some pretty darn good recipes as well.  This recipe is one that I used to do for shows all the time. Adding extra chocolate, sugar and candy to brownies was always a hit.  Pampered Chef calls this recipe Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies, I call it Rolo brownies and I have changed it up a little from their original.


Besides the fact that these brownies are completely scrumptious they are also super easy, which you know is a big bonus for me!  To start get your favorite recipe for regular brownies and mix them up.  I usually cheat and use a box mix.  If the box has the option for cake like brownies I would recommend following those steps.  Next mix in 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 1/2 cup of your favorite kind of chocolate chips (I'm a sucker for milk chocolate, myself.)  If you like nuts in your brownies now would be a great time to throw in about 1/2 cup or so. Pour your batter into either a greased cookie sheet for a more thin brownie or a 9x13 for some really thick brownies.  Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes.


While your brownies bake unwrap 40 pieces of the Rolo caramels.  I usually buy a bag of Rolos so I can eat a few while I bake the brownies but if you want to buy the candy bar size you'll need five packages.  Set 24 pieces aside and then cut up the remaining 16 into quarters.


 As soon a your brownies come out of the oven evenly space out the 24 whole Rolo caramels on the top.


Once they are all in place go back and gently push in each Rolo, they will be nice and soft and easily go in.  Waiting until they've melted a little makes it so you don't have to push as hard and then your brownie won't stick to the bottom of the pan.


 Take another 1/4 cup of brown sugar and sprinkle in on top.


 Then sprinkle the 16 quartered Rolos on top of that.


 The finishing touch is to melt a 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and drizzle it on top.


  I do it a very fancy way by cutting a small whole in a plastic baggy. :)


I usually do a pattern like this.


Oh, how yummy they are!  Come back next Sunday for another sweet treat recipe that will be sure to tempt your taste buds. Have a sweet week!

This post has been linked at Ginger Snap Crafts!

JULIE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Customized and Installed by Custom Blog Designs

Back to TOP