Nov 7, 2012

Cranberry Salsa!



I'm extremely excited to share this recipe today!  Every year as soon as Halloween is over I start scanning the produce section at the store and my heart always leaps a little when I see CRANBERRIES! I know what you're thinking "Cranberries, really?  This lady must be crazy!" But this recipe is why I get so excited.  I can't put it into words how amazingly delicious it is.  Honestly if you haven't tried it before it's going to knock your socks off!

Here's what you'll need:

1 12 oz bag of fresh cranberries
1 seeded jalabeno pepper
1 green onion
Fresh cilantro
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp cumin
1 8oz block of cream cheese
Your favorite snack crackers


The instructions are simple.  Pretty much all you have to do is chopped everything up and mix it all together.  One important detail would be to make sure you seed your jalabeno pepper, oh and don't touch your eyes soon after. (As always I've learned the hard way.)

 I always start with my cranberries and I use my Pampered Chef food chopper to do so.  I also know people who use a food processor but make sure you don't over do it.  You do want it to be slightly chunky.  The chopping does take some time and effort but I promise the rewards are well worth it.  Then I seed and chop the jalabeno pepper and green onion.  Next I add the sugar and cumin.  For some reason I always save the cilantro for last, maybe because cilantro is my favorite.  Always use fresh and I use kitchen scissors to cut it up fairly well. 
Generously top the block of cream cheese with this goodness and then serve with your favorite snack crackers.

 Serve this a your next holiday party and you will be the hero of the hour!

Enjoy!


JULIE

4 comments:

The Waters family 11/08/2012  

mmmmm My favorite!!!! I think of you every time I make it and now I need to go get some cranberries!

Unknown 11/15/2012  

How much cilantro do you use? And just a single green onion right? After everyone's fb comments, I am SO excited to try this!

Julie N. 11/15/2012  

Yep just one green onion and I always just do the cilantro to taste. Probably at least 1 tablespoon but not more than 3. It all depends on how much you like cilantro. Oh and always use fresh, sooo much better! It's awesome!

Unknown 11/29/2012  

Thanks! So excited to make this!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Customized and Installed by Custom Blog Designs

Back to TOP