Oct 5, 2012

Teriyaki marinade for grilling



 
This simple marinade has only 3 ingredients.  Easy and yummy, that's my kind of recipe.  The flavor of the marinade and flavor a grill gives is a perfect combo. I use it to marinade chicken breast or chicken tenders.  This marinade was my mother's favorite way prepare meat to serve a crowd.  Except she always used turkey steaks (the tender strip from the turkey breast).  Her neighbor had a turkey farm.  Actually she got this recipe from him.  Many, many people have enjoyed turkey steaks at her home.

Teriyaki marinade:

1 part soy sauce
1 part vegetable oil
2 parts Sprite

I know a recipe by parts seems strange, but actually it very convenient because you can make the amount you need.

Small,

1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup Sprite

or large,

3/4 cup soy sauce
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 12 oz can Sprite

or any amount in between.

Prepare your turkey or chicken by trimming off any fat.  If the chicken breast are large I like to cut them in half length wise.  (I use my kitchen scissors.)  I like the way they cook on the grill cut to that size.  Marinate the meat in the sauce for at least 4 hours, but longer is better.  I try to start marinating in the morning of the day we'll have it for dinner.  Keep the meat in the fridge and covered while marinating.  (If using chicken tenders marinate for only about 4 hours)  Stir occasionally.  To grill, preheat grill on high.  Place meat on the grill reduce heat.  When meat has dark grill lines turn.  The amount of time depends on the size of your meat.  I like the way chicken breast cut in half length wise have three sides to brown.  Cut a piece to make sure it is done or use a thermometer.  My family likes Casserole Potatoes with Teriyaki chicken.



ANN






            
 
                                                                                                 Chicken breasts cut length wise.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Customized and Installed by Custom Blog Designs

Back to TOP