Sep 2, 2012

Apple Chunkies!


Welcome to Simply Sweet Sunday!

Here in Michigan fall is in the air.  The days are getting cooler and shorter.  The leaves are even starting to change color.  I have NO CLUE where summer went!!!  But with fall already upon on us I wanted to feature one of my favorite apple recipes.  My amazing friend Aryn introduced me to this gem a few years ago.  How I am in love with this recipe!  It's the prefect treat when you want something fruity and not too rich.  The warm apple chunks combined with a perfectly sweetened cake seriously makes me giddy.  (If you haven't noticed yet, I am a little obsessed with food!)


Here's what you'll need:

1/2 cup margarine or butter
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp baking powder
2 cups of chopped up apples
1/2 cup of chopped nuts (I'm not a fan of nuts so I always leave them out!)

Start by adding your butter and sugar into a bowl and mixing with a mixer.  Next add the eggs and vanilla and mix them as well.  Then slowly add in your dry ingredients and combine. 

 Up next is the apples.  I mix up my batter then work on the apples so they don't brown but it doesn't really matter.  I use a Pampered Chef apple peeler/corer/slicer to prepare my apples.  It makes the work super quick.
 Then I chopped the apples up to fairly small chunks.

 Now all you have to do is spread it into a greased 9x13 pan. This batter is very thick and sticky! (Don't forget to lick the bowl because it also tastes awesome!)

 Spread that good stuff around and pop it in the oven to bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.

 
They should come out golden brown and delicious! These make a great after school snack or are prefect to take to any fall event. If I can restrain myself I think these are even better the next day!  Enjoy!
 
Oh and check back with us tomorrow to be a part of our first ever giveaway!

JULIE

4 comments:

Ashli 9/03/2012  

First of all I am so jealous that fall is in the air for you. We went for a walk today and it was 101 degrees! Second, I cannot wait to try these, they sound so tasty.

Anonymous,  9/03/2012  

Do you think you can use dehydrated apples with this recipe? ~Anne Hinebaugh

Julie N. 9/04/2012  

Hmmm, good question Anne. I think canned apples would work if they were drained or even apple pie filling could work. I'm not sure about dehydrated, maybe if you soaked them and made them soft again. If you try it let me know!

Unknown 9/07/2012  

Wow, this looks so good and easy! I will definitely be trying soon. Thanks for stopping by my blog, new follower.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Customized and Installed by Custom Blog Designs

Back to TOP