Aug 12, 2012

Mini Fruit Pizzas!

Welcome to another Simply Sweet Sunday!  We're glad you made it!

Here's another summertime classic to add to your collection.  Mini Fruit Pizzas are just like the original fruit pizza but better for a small group and can cater to individual tastes.  They are simply divine!


Here's what you'll need to make these little goodies;

Sugar Cookies (go here for my favorite recipe)

For the frosting you'll need:

8 oz cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon almond flavoring

To make the frosting, start by simply beating the cream cheese with a mixer until it is fluffy.  Next add in the sugar, vanilla, and almond flavoring and mix again until there are no lumps.  Then, with the mixer running slowly pour in the whipping cream.  Mix well but don't over beat.  Now you're ready to frost your cookies!

I also have to add I've been using this recipe for a few years and I feel like it's much better than most fruit pizza frosting recipes out there.  I found it at this great site The Changeable Table.  I have changed it up a little by adding a little more almond flavoring because I LOVE that stuff!

Once you've frosted your cookies top them off with your favorite fruits (you can use thawed frozen fruits as well!)  There's so many options for these yummies!  When I make them for my kids I often do fun flowers or faces.  These would a be a great snack when teaching kiddos about colors or feelings.  You can also set up a fruit pizza bar and let people choose what fruits they want on their treat, choices make everyone happy!
For a reception or party I like to make them look a little nicer.  You will want to eat these soon after making them, they don't store well for a long because the frosting makes the cookies a little soggy.  That's why I like the minis so much; we can make one batch and then freeze the frosting and dough for another day.

Enjoy!

JULIE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Customized and Installed by Custom Blog Designs

Back to TOP