Aug 24, 2012

I'll take a side of that!

Welcome to this week's Friday's Five Favorites! 
 
 
Nothing is better for your meal than a good side dish.  Often we think certain foods have to go together.  I mean how good is turkey all by it's self, not that great, but add the stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy and you've got heaven!  This week I want to highlight some of my all time favorite sides.  Luckily most of these will go great with many, many meals! 
 
 
1. Let's start with something new!  I grew up in Idaho and in Idaho we LOVE our potatoes!  This is one of my favorite ways to eat them, especially new or red potatoes.  We call them Italian Potatoes, and I have no clue what the rest of world calls them.
 

They are quite simply delicious and a hearty side!  Of course they're not only oh so yummy but also very, very easy!

 All you need is 8 to 10 washed potatoes.

 Chop those babies up!

 Put the chopped spuds in a Ziploc bag and add about 1 tablespoon of olive oil and one packet of Italian seasoning.  Then you get to do the good old shake n' bake action. 

Once those taters have been well shaken, spread them out on your favorite baking pan.  Bake them at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes.  Yum-O! 


Here are 4 more amazing sides!


2.  Breadsticks!



We often turn to breads to complete our meal.  They are very satisfying and scrumptious!  These breaksticks come together really quick!  I love them with spaghetti, baked pasta or any other saucy entree.  You can go here for the recipe.


3. Southern Cornbread!

I really have an unhealthy LOVE for this stuff.  I can't get enough of it.  Who doesn't love a good bowl of chili and sweet cornbread?  Check out this recipe by going here.

4. Casserole Potatoes!


Like I said before I'm huge lover of potatoes but this is HANDS DOWN my very favorite way to eat them.  They are complete comfort food for me!  It's one of those recipes that will always bring back memories of Sunday dinners at home.  And nobody makes them as good as my mom!  Go here for the recipe!

5. Fun Fruit Salad!

 
I can't talk about side dishes and leave this baby out.  This is my go to side when I'm asked to bring something to a BBQ, party or dinner.  It's super, duper easy and a crowd pleaser.  I always make sure I keep the ingredients on hand.  It's also awesome because you can use any fruit you want.   Here is the full recipe.

And there you have it!  Have fun filling your tables and rounding out those meals!


JULIE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Customized and Installed by Custom Blog Designs

Back to TOP