Apr 5, 2012

Grilled Asparagus

Welcome spring!  Which means asparagus season is here.  I love asparagus.  For years I just steamed it.   But then someone said to try grilling it, so I did.  Asparagus is great grilled!  I also like it stir fried with sweet red peppers, onions, and mushrooms.  


To grill asparagus you can use your outdoor grill but in the spring the weather doesn't always cooperate.  So I use a George Foreman Grill.  Wash and trim ends of asparagus.  Preheat the grill for 5 minutes.  Brush bottom of grill with butter or olive oil.  Place asparagus on grill.  Brush top of grill with butter and close grill.  Grill for 6 minutes, check to see if asparagus is done.  This is a matter of personal taste.  Grill longer if you want yours more done.  I cooked mine for about 8 minutes.  Remove to serving plate, season with salt and lemon juice if you'd like. 

ANN

1 comments:

Ashli 4/08/2012  

This post made my mouth water. I think I will have to go buy some asparagus tomorrow. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Customized and Installed by Custom Blog Designs

Back to TOP