Feb 11, 2012

The Best Sugar Cookie Ever!



I LOVE sugar cookies!  They are probably my favorite cookie out there and because they are my favorite I'm a little picky about them.  I DO NOT like a crunchy sugar cookie.  To me a sugar cookie should be soft and pillow like.  This recipe is the perfect combination and I've realized it's because it has a magical, secret ingredient sour cream!  Don't count it out until you've tried it.  Some of my favorite baked goodies have sour cream in them such as Banana Cake.  I promise if you try it you won't regret it!

Here's what you'll need:

5 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup shortening
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream!!!

Cream shortening, sugar, eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy.  Next mix in the sour cream! In a seperate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.  Slowly add dry ingredients until well blended.  Refrigerate the dough so it is easier to handle.  Once it's chilled roll out dough on a floured surface to about 1/3 inch thick.  Cut and bake at 375 for approximately 10 minutes or until edges start to brown.  These cookies are best if not browned on the top, only the bottom.  Let them cool, then frost and decorate!

Enjoy!

JULIE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Customized and Installed by Custom Blog Designs

Back to TOP