Feb 2, 2012

Fancy Hair Flowers



I'm not the most crafty girl and I don't sew.  I am however super cheap so these fancy hair flowers and I are a perfect match. The key words here are EASY & CHEAP.  Believe me if I can do it you can do it!  I can make a few while watching my favorite movie and then have baby shower gifts ready in advance. 

Here's what you'll need:

1/8 yard of poly-satin fabric (this will make about 4 to 8 flowers depending on the size you do)

Scissors

Hot clue (my best crafting friend)

Candle

Hair clip

Jewels,buttons, or beads for center
 To start you need five circles for the actual flower, then I cut an extra of the smallest to glue the flower and clip all together.  I have made a pattern for myself because sometimes I can be a prefectionist but really free handing it will work fine because you end up burning the edges.  My circles are 3 1/2in, 3 in, 2 1/2 in, 2 in, and 1 1/2 in across. If you're making multiple flowers double or triple your fabric to save time in cutting.

Next cut four slits in your beautiful circles.

Burn the edges of each petal so that they curl in.  

They should look similiar to this when you're done.  Now, use your hot glue gun to glue the flowers together.  I start with the biggest and work my way up and alternate how the petals lay so they don't look stacked.

Next glue the extra small circle (which I cut in half to conserve) in between the two prongs on the clip.  This will help the clip go on easier.

Glue the flower to the top of the clip.

Last but not least add a little bling to the middle.  I've used a vairety of beads, buttons and jewels. 


There's so many options with these fun flowers.  You can add them to wreaths, head bands, frames or anything else you want!  I recently just made a fun necklace with them.  (More on that later!)
Go ahead and get creative, alternate colors or try patterned fabric.  Have fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Customized and Installed by Custom Blog Designs

Back to TOP