Aug 5, 2012

Pineapple Raspberry Sherbet




When I was first served Pineapple Raspberry Sherbet I was amazed by the burst for fresh fruit flavor.  I thought for sure the hostess had gone to all the work to make a fresh sorbet.  When I asked for the recipe she laughed.  She said I'll tell it to you but you won't need to write it down, it's real easy.  I couldn't believe how simple it was, and yet so yummy.  You only mix three ingredients!  A perfect dessert for summer.

1/2 gal pineapple sherbet
1 banana
1 cup raspberries can be fresh or frozen

Place the sherbet in the refrigerator for about a half an hour.  The time depends on how hard your freezer keeps ice cream.  You want it soft but not melted.  If using frozen raspberries thaw them at room temperature while sherbet is in the refrigerator.  When the sherbet is ready mash the banana in a large mixing bowl.  I use a potato masher.  Then mash in the sherbet and raspberries.  After the fruit is mixed in evenly return to the freezer for an hour or more.

ANN

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Customized and Installed by Custom Blog Designs

Back to TOP