May 15, 2012

Use your egg slicer for more than eggs!



An egg slicer can do more than just slice eggs.  Now let me just say not all egg slicers are created equal, so proceed with caution.  The first time you try a new food go slow and don't force it.  I don't want you to ruin your slicer.  Some foods that work in mine are strawberries and bananas, great for when you're making fruit salad like Fun Fruit Salad.  Some slicers will slice mushrooms.

Just recently at a cooking class I was asked to slice olives with an egg slicer.  I couldn't believe that I hadn't thought of that sooner!  Most of my recipes that have sliced olives call for a 2.5 ounce can, and that's what I'll buy.  If I'm doubling a recipe and need two cans, I'll buy a 6 ounce of whole pitted olives and slice them with an egg slicer.  By doing the slicing, which only takes a minute, I save a dollar.  Put three or more olives in at a time. This is nice to know when you're having a taco bar or any other time you might need a lot of sliced olives.  At the store I was shopping at the 2.5 ounce can and the 6 ounce was the same price, 98 cents.  Regular size olives actually work better than the large.

What else do you use your egg slicer for?

ANN

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Customized and Installed by Custom Blog Designs

Back to TOP