May 26, 2012

Southern Cornbread

For me the best part of eating at a restaurant that claims to serve real southern cookin' is the cornbread.  I LOVE a good, moist piece of cornbread.  My friend from dinner group has just such a recipe.  When she would make her chili she would send cornbread as well.  This cornbread is so good that as soon as I got in the car from exchanging our meals and I would have to eat a piece, or two, right then and there.  Having a pan of this in the house is just as dangerous as having extra brownies around for me.

Here's what you'll need:
2 cups flour
2 cups cornmeal
1 1/3 cups sugar
2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons baking powder
2 eggs
2 cups milk
2/3 cup oil
In a large bowl mix together the DRY ingredients.  In another bowl mix the wet ingredients together;  then combine with the dry ingredients.  Do not over mix.  Pour into a UNGREASED 9 x 13 pan and bake at 400 for about 25 minutes.  Bake until the top is golden brown.
Enjoy!

Printer Friendly
JULIE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Customized and Installed by Custom Blog Designs

Back to TOP