Mar 19, 2012

Spicy Romano Chicken

This tasty dish was introduced to me through my dinner group. My friend Lacey is a very impressive cook and this might just be our favorite dinner she made. We loved it so much that I made it once when my dad was visiting and it climbed to the top of his favorite dinners list. I rarely get to visit home without making this for him, which I don't mind at all!   Now, I will not claim that it's healthy because it's not but once in a while I think it's okay to splurge on amazing flavor!  I never heard a compliant from a child or adult when I serve this.


Here's what you'll need for the sauce:
 

1 pint heavy cream  (I warned you it wasn't healthy)
4 Tbsp. butter
2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 cup romano cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper (If you really, really like the spice you can up this to 1 tsp)

For the Pasta:

10 oz. bowtie pasta cooked and drained
1 1/2 Tbsp. melted butter
1/4 cup slice green onions
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
7-8 oz precooked sliced grilled chicken
1/8 cup sundried tomato pesto
1 oz. heavy cream

Directions:
To prepare the sauce: Melt butter in skillet. Add cream (save 1oz for the pasta), salt and pepper. Heat to a boil. Remove from heat and fold in cheese and cayenne pepper. Set aside.

For Pasta: In skillet over medium heat, melt butter, then add mushrooms, green onions, and sundried tomato pesto. Sautee the mushrooms until they are soft.  Next add chicken. Stir in 1 oz. heavy cream and 1/2 of the sauce. Add pasta followed by rest of the sauce. Stir gently. Serve and watch your family enjoy one delicious meal.


Printer Friendly

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Customized and Installed by Custom Blog Designs

Back to TOP