Feb 16, 2012

Homemade Baby Wipes


For the past 3 1/2 years my husband and I have been in graduate school.  Since we pretty much have NO money, we count our pennies.  I'm always looking for ways to stretch our small budget.  Last summer my good friend Aryn told me that she makes her own baby wipes.  With four small kiddos running around her house she told me that doing so saves her money and that she loves them.  I was curious and asked for her recipe.  Once I got home I gave it a try.  At first I was doing it only to save money.  I figured I could do a little extra work to save some change.  Well, that change started to add up and I realized I even liked these wipes BETTER than the store ones I had been buying before.  I cut my wipe costs in half with these.

Here's what you'll need:

1 large roll of good quality paper towels

A 1 1/2 Quart size of canister

Baby Wash

Water

Here's what you do:

Cut the paper towel roll in half, my husband uses a hand saw. (We cut a bunch at one time and store them cut in halves so they are ready when we need them.)

Put one half into the canister with the cut side down.  You'll have to squeeze it some to get it to fit.

Mix 2 tbs of baby wash with 1 cup and 1 tbs of water.

Pour the water/baby wash mixture over the paper towels in the canister.

Let it sit for about 10 min so that the water can sink in.

Remove the cardboard center.

Find the end of the roll and pull it slightly up so they are easy to use.


And there you have it.  EASY & CHEAP two of my favorite words together!  I use these of course daily on my little ones' bottom, but also to clean their hands and faces and to clean up the many spills we have at our house.

This post has been linked at Ginger Snap Crafts!

JULIE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Customized and Installed by Custom Blog Designs

Back to TOP