Feb 29, 2012

Homemade Oreos

 

These delectable little goodies are so hard to resist!  My cousin gave me this recipe when I first got married and because I wanted to impress my new hubby with my cooking skills (which were pretty much non-existent at that point) I made them.  They were a hit and we've been mixing them up often (probably too often) ever since.  The reason why I was able to succeed back in the day with these yummies is because they are so very simple!  The cookies only have 4 ingredients!

Here's what you'll need:

2 Devils Food cake mixes
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup shortening

All you do is mix the ingredients into a fairly sticky dough.  Roll into small balls, about 1 in.  Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.  Do not flatten.  Bake at 350 for 12 min.

You can use store bought frosting but I LOVE homemade too much, so here's the recipe for the filling that we love oh so much!

8 oz cream cheese
1 stick marg
3 3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Mix up the filling and then once the cookies have cooled slightly spread the filling between 2 cookies like a sandwich.

There you have it! Everyone will be so impressed with your homemade, and if I may say so, much better, oreos.  I will warn you that this recipe makes more than enough for one family so if we're not planning on sharing our goods then I usually half the recipe.  I can't resist them sitting around! The best part about these cookies is that they are even BETTER the next day.

Printer Friendly

JULIE
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Customized and Installed by Custom Blog Designs

Back to TOP